... and use it to guide you, your family & your patients to better health & well-being.
We ♥ privacy.
Don't let it take months or years to get your CE course up and running.
Most people are so worried about getting it "right" or giving enough "value" that they either create and create, hoping to make a masterpiece OR they feel stuck in procrastination and can't move forward in a meaningful way.
The problem with that is: You might not be creating the right course for your audience at this moment in time.
This is the danger of creating a course in your head: You have no validation that people want it enough to pay for it.
Unfortunately, this is the way most people have been taught to create courses: Lock yourself away, create the perfect thing, and then release it to the market and make money while you sleep. That approach worked for some people 10-15 years ago, but it doesn't work now.
There's a much safer, easier and more fun way: Talk with nurses, find out exactly what they want, then give it to them. Sounds crazy, I know, but so many people skip this step and I count myself as one (in the past).
If you are not almost finished creating your course yet, then get ready to be inspired because completing might be much faster and easier than you think.
Here's my current strategy for creating a relevant, engaging CE course, in your spare time, in less than 60 days (3-4 CE contact hours is a perfect size to start with):
1. First 2 weeks: Talk by phone, Zoom or social media with at least 10-15 nurses who are interested in what you'd like to teach.
2. The 3rd week: Write an outline of your course based on one Zoom call/week for 3-4 weeks. In each call, plan to do 40-45 minutes of live training on your topic plus Q&A for 20-15 minutes.
3. The 4th week: Get back on the phone, social media and/or Zoom and talk to nurses about the course. Answer their questions and note on any new ideas you get about what they need.
4. The end of 4th week: Deliver the 1st Zoom call portion of your course.
5. The 5th, 6th and optional 7th weeks: Deliver the other 2-3 Zoom calls the same way you did the first one.
I hope this process is inspiring to you. Feel free to write me if you have questions: Sharon@NewDirectionsforNurses.org Here's to your success!
HomeBe a Holistic NurseBe a Nurse Entrepreneur
Holistic Wellness Assessment
Meet Our Founding DirectorContact
PrivacyTerms & Conditions
Our mission is to provide outstanding holistic continuing nursing education (CNE) that helps nurses confidently own their power to make the world a better place.
We believe that when nurses step into their power, it changes the world!
HolisticNursingCE.com is a project of Awakening to Grace, a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization based in Lawrence, KS, USA. Copyright (c) 2022. All rights reserved.